Guest Post: Jobu the cat

jobu putting holes in my new sheets
Hello computer people. My human name is Jobu.  I won't tell you my secret cat name. My daddy wants me to tell you some stuff about me and how we met.  So here I am at the computer thing.  I hate the computer thing. Daddy spends too much time on it not paying attention to me.  I like to jump up and sit on the keyboard and try and help him but he doesn't like it.

I don't remember my mommy or if I had any brothers or sisters.  I was found all alone as a small kitteh.  It was probably scary but I don't remember.  The people who found me took me to a place that has a whole bunch of animals, not just cats but also doggies and other things.

The people there were really nice. They took care of me and made me healthy and well fed.  I was there for a long time.  Luckily the nice people let me stay for several months.  It wasn't all bad. I had a nice roommate in my cage and many friends.  Sometimes my friends would pick some person out.  That person would take them to a forever home.  But nobody would take me.  I've heard that people don't like to adopt black cats and dogs.  That's racist.

So one day I was sitting in my cage kinda sad and hoping that someday I could have a real home of my own. That's when my daddy walked in.  I like him instantly.  He was really nice to all the cats.  When he got to me I started licking his hand to mark him as mine. He petted me and I purred like crazy.  He had a nice lady get me out of the cage and we went into a room with lots of toys.  I ignored the toys and just loved all over him. I was not gonna let this one go.  My Daddy then put me back in the cage and went away.  I wasn't sad.  I expected him to come back.

My daddy came back the next day.  He took me out of the cage and put me in a cat carrier.  I was so excited I couldn't stop meowing. I got a little scared on the car ride home but before I knew it he took me out of the car.  He let me out of the carrier.  I went from room to room excitedly sniffing everything.  It was my new home.  It was way bigger than my cage. I was so happy I couldn't stop purring.  I haven't stopped purring in the 8 years since. 


Well I have been awake for almost fifteen minutes so am getting tired. Time for me to go do my favorite thing.
even while sick he cheers me up
Oh and contrary to what you may see on the internet, cats can spell, my daddy not so much.

Comments