That was the Week: November 23rd through 29th Much giving of thanks


The beginning of the week was fairly boring. It was all spent in anticipation of the big holiday.

Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving ended up being a pretty special one. My Mom was getting a special treat. All her children and grandchildren were going to be there. I had planned to lave about ten am so I could arrive a little after noon.  My family has a tradition that for big feast holidays, like Thanksgiving and Christmas, that we eat the big meal in the afternoon. We planned to eat about 2 or 3ish.   Being me I didn't leave till almost noon.  The cat had to be petted etc. I arrived a little after 2 and walked into a house filled with action and yummy smells. I thought I had walked into the 1950s or something.  The women were all in the kitchen and the men/boys were playing a video game.  I guess in the 50s it would have been smoking and playing cards or something. The rest of the guests arrived and we sat down for a great meal. Everybody had a lot of fun and enjoyed the family camaraderie. That reads like I am trying to fake something but it was true.  Everybody enjoyed themselves and my mom had a great time being with her family.

That was all nice and good but the most important thing happened later in the evening. THE BEARS BEAT THE PACKERS IN LAMBEAU FIELD!!!

On black Friday, we managed to mostly avoid the crazy crowd and had a trip to Best Buy. I noticed that my work laptop wasn't charging. I looked a the end that goes into the laptop and it looked like it had been broken off. I checked and it had not broken off into the charging hole. So we did a trip to BestBuy, which was not that crowded. I picked out a universal charger that looked like it would fit. I drove home that day and then opened the charger to find out that none of the tips included would remotely fit. So I went looking online for an official replacement. I zoomed in close at the end and realized that there was no metal bit on the end that had broken off just a bit of rubber that seemed to have eroded from use. I fixed it easily and now have a fully charged laptop.


I spent Saturday simply. I cleaned around the house and spent time with the cat and returned the unneeded laptop charger. That night I went to a birthday part at a karaoke bar.  It was loud and crowded and I left early.

Sunday I put up the Christmas decorations.  For a few years now I have put up colored lights on the balcony of my apartment. This year when I plugged them in I noticed a big section in the middle, the most important section, didn't light up. I fiddled around with them for a bit but couldn't get them to work. So off to walmart I went for replacements.  I bought some cheap lights and while I was there I thought we not buy a cheap wreath as well. The lights are up and here is my sad cheap wreath:



Comments

Liene said…
That wreath just needs a bit of love to get it looking not so sad & cheap ( hey, your words, not mine!). Pick up a few pinecones, or even dried flowers/weeds, and tuck in with a few colorful baubles... Check out my wreath making post tomorrow and you'll be all set! Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful - I wish we were a two hour drive from family.