TWTW September 19th through the 25th: The Great Mosquito Assault


The Great Mosquito Assault

For several weeks now I have been having a mosquito problem in my apartment. But Wonky, how can you have a mosquito problem inside your apartment? Well you see I have a small fuzzy child. He likes to hang out on the balcony. Yes even at night. Since I don't have some sort of cat door and I can't close the door while he is out there because he would be perturbed. This means my balcony door stays open for like an hour each night. The mosquitoes take full advantage of this situation. One night a couple of weeks ago I killed eleven of the blood sucking monsters.  They have a particular liking for my feet and ankles. To counter that I have taken to wearing big socks pulled up as far as they can go on my feet. Each morning as part of my morning ritual I check to see how many new bites the legion of ziki have given me. Wednesday morning my left foot was extra itchy. I pulled off my sock and to my horror counted seven bites on the top of my foot. I can only assume that at some point during the night my foot came out from under the covers.  Also these socks have some sort of special cooling mesh on top and not normal sock material so I guess the west nile attackers had no trouble sensing my nummy flesh.


I Ground the Death Machine

I had been still driving the death machine ie car with the recalled but not yet fixed airbags. I decided to actually read what happens when the airbags fail:


SPECIFICALLY, IN SOME VEHICLES, THE DRIVER'S FRONT AIRBAG INFLATOR COULD PRODUCE EXCESSIVE INTERNAL PRESSURE UPON DEPLOYMENT. IF AN AFFECTED AIRBAG DEPLOYS, THE INCREASED INTERNAL PRESSURE MAY CAUSE THE INFLATOR TO RUPTURE (BREAK APART) AND DEPLOY ABNORMALLY.

IN THE EVENT OF AN INFLATOR RUPTURE, METAL FRAGMENTS COULD PASS THROUGH THE AIRBAG CUSHION MATERIAL POSSIBLY CAUSING SERIOUS INJURY OR FATALITY TO YOU OR OTHERS IN THE VEHICLE. PAST RUPTURES LIKE THIS HAVE KILLED AND INJURED VEHICLE DRIVERS.
You read that right. Shard of metal fly at your face.  The equivalent of a shotgun explodes in your face. After reading that I went down to the dealer and asked them for a loaner since I wasn't going to drive the car until they fixed it. The told me they didn't really do that. So I grounded the car. It sits out front of my apartment and won't move until they are going to fix it.

What's the point of having a Honda if you can't show it off?


Comments