TWTW May 28th through June 3rd: I Do Laundry In Illinois And Get A Summer Cold


I do laundry in Illinois


In the ancient past, I got a washer and dryer. The washer broke shortly after I got it. The dryer still works but it makes a lot of noise. So for the last several years, I have been using the laundromat to clean my clothes. I always hold off as long as possible in between trips since it's such an ordeal. I gotta sort everything, load it into a car, and then be at the laundromat for over an hour. I like to try and go during weekdays since there are way fewer people. I had done my laundry about 6 weeks earlier in early April. In Illinois weather that is an eternity. The day I was doing my laundry it was 90 degrees F out. I had been in shorts for weeks. Like an archaeologist as I got near the bottom of the pile, I started to unearth ancient artifacts. There were a bunch of sweaters and long sleeve shirts at the bottom. 

I get a summer cold


I woke up Monday with a sore throat. It lingered for several days and was joined by a snotty nose. It eventually got better but it's an odd feeling having a cold while it's really hot and sunny out.

Comments