All the old things are new again

In the ancient annals of the internet past I started a blog. This blog in fact.  Let me take you back to 2003 in internet land.  Our phones where not smart, heck they didn't even all have cameras.  People often still had film developed. Many people still connected via dial-up and used email or aol IM to interact.  The up and coming trend was blogging.  Which at the time was not about leveraging your brand to co-op mind space for product viability. Predominately bloggers talked about their lives and what interested them.

Into this maelstrom stepped wonky73.blogspot.com. Never an overly thriving blog, read predominately by friends real and online.  I only blogged about 40 times a year and kept no steady schedule.  All those posts are actually still here.  They have been set to drafts.  Looking back it's funny.  They mostly deal with video games and my rather comic attempts to be intellectual.  I didn't think so at the time, but I was so so young.  In 2006 I got a deal on my own hosting and switched to my own domain and set up wordpress.  I blogged even less over there.  After a few iterations of templates and deleting and redoing posts that blog died off.

So I am now back on blogger.  My recent failed attempts at blogging have involved either my censoring myself so as to not turn anyone off or themed blogging, such as self help.  This time I am just going to write about whatever I want.




Comments

I think that you're better off writing about anything that you want to write about, rather than going after a theme or a particular topic. You'll eventually attract exactly the right audience that way; providing, of course, that you can manage to eek out a few posts. ;)

Good luck!