Why the switch back to blogger



Yes I've switched from self hosted wordpress to blogger. Why? I did not have any problems with Wordpress. In fact I really love it. I highly recommend it.  I consider it the best blogging platform out there.  Continuously maintained with a long list of useful addons it tends to kick bloggers patutty. If you are planning any sort of professional blog I would use wordpress. If you know web programming you can really modify it and get an exact theme you want.

In 2006 I purchased a hosting package from 1and1 http://www.1and1.com it included five domains and some hosting with access to ftp and mysql.  My plan at the time was to invent the next big internet sensation.  I never did. All I ended up with were a couple of Wordpress blogs.  Recently I checked out how much the plan was costing.  It had escalated to almost four times what I was initially paying.  None of this was underhanded by 1and1.  They had been sending me invoices the entire time and keeping me informed.  I just didn't pay attention.

I realize now that I will never build a great internet phenomenon. All I really want is a couple of blogs. So back to blogger I have returned. As you can see I am just using a standard theme at this time.   I could put up a header to represent my life.  But that would just be pictures of a messy apartment, a cat, and me sitting at a computer.

After a couple of weeks I can tell you a few thins about blogger vs wordpress.  The android app for wordpress is better than the blogger one.  And blogger seems to be more social centric. 

I still have tweaking to do so if you see changes don't panic.  I need to get up a sidebar of links among some other things.  Probably will toss my twitter feed on here.  So stay tune for the rare blog about my cat.

Comments