Food Friday: Roasted Red Pepper and Gouda Soup

Yeah yeah I know it is sunday.

I first had this soup from a local cafeteria.   I loved it so much I had to try and make it at home.  Made at home with fresh ingredients, I can tell you it is even better.

fresh veggies

Ingredients:

2 tomatoes  can and have used roma tomatoes then you need 6-8 depending on size
1 yellow onion
1 red pepper
1/2 to 1 cup grated  Gouda cheese
salt and pepper
and a little olive oil

grated gouda


Preparation:

Chop the tomatoes and onion into largish same sized chunks.  Deseed and also chop up the red pepper.  Put into a bowl and lightly coat with olive oil.  Place the veggies on a cooking sheet and place it in an oven at 350 for about fifteen minutes.  You want the peppers to actually get a little brown. 

rasted veggies

There are two ways to puree this mixture. You want to do it while the veggies are still hot so the cheese melts.  The first option is to put the veggies in a pot and use a stick blender.  Or if you have a nice thick glass blender like I have you can just dump it in there.  While it's blending slowly at the cheese.  This will make a mess since the cheese sticks to things.  A delicious gooey cheesy mess.  I admit it is kinda of a pain to clean everything afterwards. Just blend it to your preferred consistency. I like mine to still have chunks of onion and pepper in it.

Like usual I have no pictures of the finished product.  Why?  Well, it is so good that I just stood in the kitchen and started eating it out of the pot.  

Comments