Book Review: Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1)Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admit I didn't expect much when I was handed this book. First off urban fantasy is not high on my enjoyable genre list. Secondly you mention the word fairy and I do not have high expectations. Turns out these fairies aren't your Disney pixies with wings. These are some dark and tough fairies. The fairy world created here harkens back to the old stories where fairies can be terrifying and unpredictable. The author has created a very unique world that has only been hinted at in others works. I found this refreshing. The pacing is fast and satisfactory. Action follows action and the story is constantly pushed forward toward a resolution.

View all my reviews

Comments