Food Friday: easy black bean chili

Sorry,  I don't have any pictures for this recipe. It is one I make quite often.  It takes about fifteen minutes and makes a cheap and nommy couple of meals.


Ingredients:

  • 24 fl oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 24 oz can of black beans
  • 1 medium onion
  • salt and pepper
  • chili powder
  • cayenne 
  • cumin

Chop the onion into moderately sized pieces.  I am a fan of onions so I chop it into about inch square pieces. Dump the black beans and the onions into a pot for approximately 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Then add the can of tomatoes with all the juice.  Cook over medium heat for another 6-8 minutes and then season to taste.  I use about a tablespoon of chili powder and a teaspoon of both cumin and cayenne powder.

It's quick, easy, healthy, and delicious.  I always keep the ingredients on hand if needed.  To extend the dish you can add a couple of cups of cooked rice and end up with black beans and rice. 

Comments