Blood tests and hypochondria

As I've mentioned previously, I am a bit of a hypochondriac. A friend of mines husband has some hypochondriac leanings as well. I am an odd hypochondriac. When he thinks he has something he researches it and get checked out by a doctor. He goes to the doctor a lot.  I'd rather not know.  As if not knowing what is wrong with me means it doesn't exist.  This doesn't stop me from spending hours at night worrying about the phantom disease.

Today I had blood taken to do a complete blood workup. The last time I had that was in 2005 when I had diagnosed myself from the internet with one of the rarest forms of cancer, that would kill me in months.  Obviously, I was fine. Usually I would be tense and worried about the tests but I haven't been nervous.  I assumed the tests would take a week or so to get back to me, but the technician said I should have the results tomorrow or the day after.  I guess I don't have enough time to worry about things.

Comments