Cruising the Eastern Caribbean:St. Martin and the everglades

We arrived at St. Martin bright and early. St. Martin is divided between a Dutch and French side.  The boat docks on the Dutch side. I over slept and had to rush to get to my off shore excursion. I even had to skip breakfast. The excursion I signed up for was a jeep adventure tour. There really wasn't much of an adventure.  You all pile into jeeps and drive around to the normal tourist spots.

DSCN0915

Our first real stop was at Maho Beach. It's a small beach that is famous on the internet.  Watch the video I shot below to find out why.


Yep. It's that crazy airport beach.

Unfortunately, one of our jeeps had a flat tire and we ended up wasting 45 minutes of our time waiting for it to be fixed. Next stop was a shopping area on the French side of the island. I should have gotten something to eat here but I just wandered around and looked at the water. Our final stop was the large  Orient beach. We were supposed to spend a couple of hours there but with running so late we only had about an hour. By this time I was starving. At the beach was a very tourist trap kind of restaurant. I ordered a cheeseburger and  can of coke.  The bill came to twenty five dollars.  As I started eating the burger I realized it was pink inside.  I didn't have time to bother with complaining so I just ate around the edges. Did I mention that it was a horrible burger and cost twenty five dollars? Once on the beach, I quickly realized we were on the French side of the island. I wandered up and down the beach for the remaining forty five minutes.

BTW, did I mention the horrible overpriced twenty five dollar burger :)

DSCN0926

DSCN0946

DSCN0954

After St. Martin we cruised for two days back to Miami.  Since our flight wasn't until several hours after we disembarked, we decided to do an everglades tour.

DSCN0998

Baby alligator.

DSCN1012

Bird showing off(actually drying its wings.)

DSCN1025


See more pictures on flickr

Comments