Why it is so hard for me to write blog posts




I have a blogging problem. Obviously, it's not that I blog too much. Despite having many ideas for posts on this, and my tech blog site, I rarely post anything.  When I do write a post they tend to be poorly realized. They come off as a confused collection of disjointed thoughts.  I tried to deal with this by coming up with my blogging process. The process alone has't been enough to improve my blogging. One of my main problems is the tendency to write a blog over weeks, sometimes even months; heck my windows phone blog was written over three months.  And even though I have an outline, I don't write them linearly.  I can look at a post I've had fermenting for months and see a collection of sentences and ideas that often don't proceed along any clear path or communicate clearly.

I've realized that I need to end the practice of the incremental blog writing. I am going to try out a new way of blogging. I am attempting to do steps 2 through 4 of my blogging process all in one sitting.  The hope is that this will produce more coherent writing.  I won't be wandering away into to other ideas or writing three sentences that all sound the same.

I checked to make sure the cat was napping.  I sat down, put my head phones on and opened blogger. I wrote the short outline at the top and wrote these three paragraphs.  Then I found a stock photo. I've  decided to give myself thirty minutes to do these initial drafts.  If the first draft isn't complete or flowing well by thirty minutes it might be time to reconsider that post.  This post  only took me 15 to do and I even got distracted a bit.  We'll see how it goes.

There might be some problems with this methodology.  When I went to edit this post I found the following sentence, "So from I am attempting a knew why of blogging, starting with this post."

Comments