It was my birthday and I felt joy



So my birthday post this year is not actually on my birthday. Deal.

Like usual I had taken the day off for my birthday.  I needed to renew my drivers license.  They had recently shut down the DMV in my town so I had a twenty five minute drive to a neighboring town. It was very windy but sunny and I drove down listening to people on the radio pontificate about sports. I experienced a DMV miracle. The people were nice and joking with me. I was in and out in twenty minutes with my new drivers license.  Yes it is the worst picture of me ever taken. I think there must be a law requiring drivers license pictures to be bad.

I went for a long walk when I got home and enjoyed the sunshine. After doing some stuff around my place I stood out on my balcony just soaking up the day.  Then..I felt.. something. A lightness in my chest.  I could not pinpoint this feeling. It seemed vaguely familiar.   Am I hungry? Is it gas? Am I gassy?  It's gas isn't it? Am i having a heart attack?  Am I passing out? What is this lightness I feel? Joy. This feeling is joy and contentment.  It was a good day

Comments