The Return of the Slackers Guide to Life

The journey goes on step by step


Awhile back I ran a self improvement blog called the slackers guide to life.  I still own the url www.slackersguidetolife.com. As you can see it just redirects to here.  As with most of my blogging attempts it never quite took off the ground.  I ran it for over two years and had maybe thirty posts ever.  Every few months I would hide all the posts and schedule them to reappear as if the blog was a running concern. I did not give up on the idea of self improvement. I just got tired of not succeeding and having nothing useful to write about.


There are several reasons why I didn't want to announce the return of the Slackers Guide to Life right when I first started making positive changes. Studies have shown that just announcing the intention to change can satisfy the desire for change. I wanted to have some success under my belt before starting to write. I also wanted to concentrate on the actual changes in my behavior and not worry about having post worthy things going on.


So what successes have I had over the last few months?  With one fairly long break do to weather and sickness, I have been running somewhat regularly. My resting heart rate has dropped from around 100 bpm to the mid 60s.  I have moved up a notch on my belt and even started wearing some smaller pants I had lying around. I've taken to rarely eating out, maybe one lunch and 2 dinners, this has helped both my health and my wallet. The last three months I have, amazingly, been within my budget.

So look forward to some more posts in this series.

Comments