That was the Week : August 10th through August 16th 2015


He Talk Pretty


On Tuesday I had the honor of assisting with a speech given by the Senator from Illinois Dick Durbin. By assist I mean I had to stand with a microphone and hand it to people asking him questions.

He did a good job. He said pretty words tailored specifically for his audience and even got a dig or two in on the Republicans.

I don't talk about politics much, but sufficed to say, I am not big fan of politicians.  I don't like people who manipulate and control others.

The Beginning of the Great Squirrel War 2015 


Last year I grew some tomato plants on my balcony. I had a rage inducing long war against the squirrel menace. They kept destroying my tomatoes. They didn't eat them. They would take one bite and then leave the tomato to rot.

This year I stepped up the effort and have added several other things to my balcony jungle. Maybe the other plants helped to dissuade the squirrels from eating my tomatoes.  That was until Wednesday. I had grown one big perfectly round tomato. It had almost finished ripening and I looked forward to savoring its delicious juiciness. I came home from work and looked out in horror at the carnage. My perfect tomato lay on the balcony. Its juicy center had been ripped apart by the vile teeth of the evil poofy tailed rats. I tromped about in anger vowing my revenge.  As if to mock my resolute steadfastness the squirrels tore down the second best tomato later that night.

I am working on a proposition to make in front of the UN. I plan to lead an international effort to free the world from the tyranny of the vile rodents called squirrels.  The A.S.L.L (Anti Squirrel Liberation League) will save us all.

Nothing to Do but Watch Cars Crash


This was the first weekend in a month, maybe five weeks,  in which I did not have some form of travel planned. I'd actually be in town the entire time. I took it easy. I did a lot cleaning and read.  I finally finished Pride and Prejudice. I also got around to watching Mad Max Fury Road.  What did I think of it?  Let me preface this. My favorite movie of all time is the Road Warrior(Mad Max 2). I am not joking.  So yes I really liked Fury Road.


Not Fury Road but the Road Warrior


This weeks words of Wisdom:
People who are bothered by being called a failure, are people who think of themselves as failures.



Comments