That was the week: July 27th through August 2nd 2015

On Monday I made my best home made pizza yet. I made a pepperoni pizza with mozzarella and my usual pizza sauce. I managed to finally get the thin crust I had been trying for. How did I accomplish this amazing feat.  I made less dough. I made less dough by using less water. Instead of 3/4 of a cup I used about 2/3 of a cup.  Now if you aren't using a specific sized pizza pan like I am the amount of dough won't matter. You can just roll it out as thin as you want.

The rest of the week frustrated me at work. I spent time chasing down bugs, I am a programmer, and not really able to accomplish anything of substance.

Saturday ended up being the highlight of my week. My Mom came down and we drove to see my grandparents. Also, my brother, sister-in-law, and two nephews came up from Tennessee to meet us there. My grandparents farm has always been one of my favorite places.


I enjoyed the great weather by sitting outside with my grandpa and discussing farming for like an hour. My grandma who has had a stroke was alert and talkative.  My nephews beat my soundly at chess.  There was even a really cute little kitten.


Re-energized from Saturday, Sunday I decided to be productive. I did the laundry, cleaned, tended to my balcony garden, and read a lot.  I do need someone to explain to my why in Pride and Prejudice they are all happy that Lydia is marrying the good for nothing guy.

Comments