TWTW May 23rd through 29th: I decided to buy a Jeep

The worlds reaction at my terrible that was the week posts.


I lay down on Sunday night to fall asleep. For some reason I started to think about needed to write the TWTW post. I came up with an idea and started to flesh out the post in my head.  It would be a good three paragraphs.  Several times today I've tried to remember what I was going to blog about. I can't remember. Never trust your brain at night.

So instead I am going to talk about a jeep.  I have a list of cars I want to own in my life. A Jeep Wrangler is high on that list. I think it is because MacGyver drove one. Specifically I want an old one from before they switched body styles, pre 2007. It is really hard to find a good one and if you do they are astronomically priced.  Most ones you find are covered in rust and falling apart.

On Thursday I look over at a car dealership on the way to work and I notice this teal but nice looking jeep. I didn't have time to check it out then but on Friday night I stopped by to look at it.  All the sales people had gone home so I wasn't bothered.  It was beautiful.  I haven't seen an old TJ jeeo with so little rust. All I could find was a few bits on the hinges for the windshield.  It was also a manual though it only had the 4 cylinder engine. The price was even very reasonable.

I thought about it a lot that night and decided that I would buy it. It is so rare to find one in such good shape I decided to actually allow myself to get a loan. The jeep sold first thing on Saturday morning. I knew a jeep that nice wouldn't last long.


Comments