TWTW October 17th through the 23rd: CUBS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

The week was dominated by the Cubs.  I tried not to care. After years of disappointment I tried not to riled up. I mostly succeeded.

Wednesday night they were up 10-2 in the ninth inning. I watched the game shaking my head. "They are going to blow it. I knew they were going to blow it." They didn't. I was confused that was't what is supposed to happen to the cubs.

Thursday's game they were up 8-1 in the bottom of the eighth and gave up a run. "That's it they are blowing it. I knew this would happen".  In the bottom of the ninth they gave up 2 more runs. "Oh this is it. It's all over now. They've blown it. They'll never win another game."  They won.


I stood there on Saturday as the cubs held a 5-0 lead and were cruising along. "It's going to be so sad that they are only 6 outs away from going to the World Series and they are going to blow.  Man they are only 2 outs away. When they blow this it's going to be way worse than 2003."  Ground ball to the shortstop. Out at second and out at first. I stared bemused at the TV as people cheered around me. "What just... THE CUBS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!"  We then sang Sweet Home Chicago.

I honestly never thought I would see this in my life.


Comments