TWTW April 10th through the 16th: That Big Puffy Tailed Cat Isn't a Cat


My Tires are all flat

Despite my car being oldish, it has a low tire pressure sensor. It had gone off. I didn't have a tire pressure gauge so I just had to assume it knew what it was talking about. Near me used to be a really nice free air pump. It had a digital display. All you did was set what psi you wanted and it would inflate the tires to that. For some reason, they took it away. I refuse to pay for air. It's air. A new gas station opened up down the way a bit and they have a free air station with a tire pressure gauge on it. I go there and check all the tires. They don't seem a too low, but I put a little air in all of them. The light didn't go out. Just to be sure I bought a cheap tire gauge at target and tried it out. All the tires were low, most by about 5 psi. The rear driver tire was 10 psi low. The gauge on the free air station was useless. I used my knew tire gauge to properly fill up my tires.


That Ain't a Cat

I was out for a walk along the trail near my place when in the distance I saw a big puffy tailed orange cat run into the woods.  I meowed a few times to be friendly as I walked past.  On the way back I saw the big puffy tailed orange cat again. This time it was running along the houses. Look at that big puffy orange cat with it's triangle head... uh.. that ain't a cat. That's a fox 


I Have Become Death, the Destroyer of Ants


About mid week I began to notice the occasional ant wandering around my place trying to scout out food. I kept an eye out over the next couple of days looking for how they were getting in and also checking on Jobu's food to make sure they weren't getting to it. He really doesn't like that. Of course, on Saturday Jobu is no longer eating his food. I check it out and yep there are ants. Not a horde but maybe 6 or seven. So I clean everything up and wash the floor to get rid of the ant chem trail. I still can't really find were they where coming in at.

Later that night I find a line of ants going into a cabinet. It's a cabinet I keep some tupperware, and a bag of onions and potatoes in. I open it and there are a good number of ants chilling out in there. So  I clean everything out again. After checking the bag of onions and potatoes to make sure there aren't any ants in them I put them in another cupboard across the way.

The next morning when I wake up and go in the kitchen. I first check Jobu's food. No ants, yeah. I soon notice a huge line of ants going into the cupboard where I put the potatoes and onions. I open it and there are hundreds of ants all over the stuff.  I grab the can of raid and produce an noxious death cloud. Within seconds hundreds of ants have lost their pathetic little lives to my rage. Who knew ants liked potatoes and onions.

I think they are coming up from the apartment below. My neighbor moved out a couple of months ago so they don't have any food to eat so they are expanding their search radius. Also she might have been fighting them back.


Cool note; writing this I wrote aint every time I meant to write ant.

Oh and Monday was my birthday.  I had cake. 

Comments