TWTW July 10th through the 16th: I Meet a Local Celebrity and Jobu Gets Sick

I Meet A Local Celebrity


I have a friend who runs a local bar. I call it a dive bar but it really isn't a bad place. One day I walked over there. On the way through the parking lot, a noticed a few expensive SUVs all with out of state dealer plates on them. I didn't think much of it. At a table inside sat a group of people all in Illini gear. They were sharing a local pizza. I made some crack about them having leftovers as I walked by. They gave me some weird looks. I sat there for about an hour not really paying attention to them. They were talking about U of I athletic stuff. The kept saying the name Josh.  I looked over and that was when I realized one of them was U of I Athletic Director Josh Whitman.


Jobu Gets Sick (Content Warning: Cat Poop)


Early Saturday morning I am awoken by the sound of a cat puking. This is not an unusual sound in my household, so I roll over and fall back asleep. Jobu visited me a couple of times during the night, but each time he would start purring, he would make these grumbly tummy sounds and wander off. About six in the morning I awoke again to the sound of puking. I was concerned at this point because he doesn't puke that much.  I wondered if everything was o..ZZZZZZzz I fell back asleep. When I did finally get up, he was lying in the middle of the floor not moving much. I checked his litter box and he had used it several times and the results were very fluid.  He spent most of the day lying in that spot in the middle of the floor and getting up every two hours to go squirt out something into his litter box At least he made it to the box every time. One of the times he got up I put a bed of his in the spot he was sleeping so he would be more comfortable. He seemed to be doing better and by Sunday he was back to his old running around being annoying self. Now I have a cat bed in the middle of my living room because he has decided that is where he wants to sleep from now on. 

Comments