TWTW July 3rd through the 9th: It's Hot and I Build Something



I had the day off and had things to get done. I went out to pay my rent and then tried to get my hair cut. On my way to pay my rent, I drove by my usual barber. Several people were waiting.  I decided to try back after doing my errands.  Since I was near another place I sometimes use, I drove by it and it had an even bigger wait. Finally, on my way home, I drove by the original place it had even more people.  No haircut for me that day.

I and some friends had agreed that in the afternoon we would help a friend move the new shed he's bought. We thought we'd get there, move the shed into the backyard, and be done. My friend had bought a big plastic shed and it was in a big box in parts. We moved all the parts into the backyard near where the old shed used to be. Job done. "You start reading the instructions. I'll get some tools and we can  start putting it together."  I guess we are building a shed today, I thought. It was 90 degrees F and it took us four hours. Four old men sweated and took many breaks. Once the roof was on,  it got really hot inside the shed. I then turned to one of the final pages of instructions. We were almost done. There was only one picture on that page. It showed the inside of the shed and the 56 screws that we had to put in. So 2 of us went inside of the burning furnace while the other two of us stood outside pulling down on the roof so things would line up properly.  I didn't take a picture of the final product but it did look nice.

Comments