TWTW August 14th through the 20th: We Need Rain

Someday this week I looked at the local paper. They had rain totals for local communities. Under my town, it said N/A  as in not applicable as in none, zero. That night we did get a little drizzle but not enough to do anything.
Sadly these clouds did not bring rain

The lack of rain has taken a toll on our local drainage pond. For the first time in the 5 years it has been there it is almost dried up.  The pair of herons (Note: they might not actually be herons. I don't really know birds ) who live in the pound have had to stand in smaller and smaller puddles of water.
Almost dried out pond

I went out with my camera and got a few pictures of them. After a couple of shots, they got spooked and flew away.


heron1


heron2


heron3


otherheron

Comments