Food Friday: Easy BBQ Sauce

Been a long time since I've done a food Friday.
Most recipes for simple homemade BBQ sauce use ketchup, but I never have ketchup in my place. This is what I came up with from what I had on hand.

Ingredients Used:
1 can 15fl tomato sauce
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Making it spicy:
1 tsp Tabasco
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Just dump it all in a bowl and mix.

With the first set of ingredients, you are making a simple ketchup. You can use regular white vinegar but I like the tang I get from using apple cider vinegar, and I had it on my shelves.  Instead of brown sugar, you can try honey or some other form of sugar. Feel free to increase the sugar amount if you want a sweeter sauce.


I have tried different ingredients to make it spicy. You can add mustard or try different peppers.  For my next batch, I plan an using sriracha sauce.

Comments