TWTW November 6th through the 12th: I Actually Write Words


For those not in the know, it is NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. You can read all about it at the link. I've attempted NaNoWriMo six times since 2010. I took last year off.  Every single year I have tried to write the same novel. I have scattered many versionso f the beginning of this novel. They sit everywhere like relics of past failures. They take up space in various cloud storage accounts. Every one in awhile I find one on an old usb stick.
This year I decided to try again. I have almost all the plot and characters worked out. I just need to write the darn thing.
NaNoWriMo says you are supposed to write 50000 words in the month of November. that works out to 1667 words a day. My main goal is to make sure I write everyday. After that my soft goal is 1000 words a day. I almost never reach this goal though one day I did write almost 3000 words.
So far so good. I have written every day this month. I admit one day I only wrote a single paragraph but hey those words count. 

Comments