TWTW February 19th through the 25th: I Get Woken Up By Weather And Jobu Splooshes




I was lying in bed early Monday morning in the dark. I realized a common but forgotten sound had woken me. A rumbling in the distance that was growing closer; a thunderstorm in February. I rolled over and pulled the covers over my ears to suppress the sound.

During the end of the week, I again was awoken by an unusual sound; a cacophonous explosion of splooshes. Over and over again: SPLOOSH SPLOOSH SPLOOSH. Jobu has a kitteh cold. He gets them once or twice a year. I don't know how he gets them since he lives alone. The cold results in sneezing fits that happen a few times a day, usually, after he has been asleep for awhile.   Like a concerned mother, I grab a kleenex and wipe off the snot. Poor Jobu.

Comments