TWTW July 9th through the 15th: We Get Weather And Toads Jump

Bonus Unrelated Jobu Pic


I've probably mentioned it before, but I love weather of almost any kind. I love snow and rain. I don't think I could survive someplace like Hawaii where it is almost the same every day. It was fun to visit for a bit but day after day of the same would drive me mad.

Early Saturday morning my phone notification binged at me. I assumed it was one of my apps and rolled over and went back to sleep.  When I woke up properly I checked. It was a weather warning for excessive heat to last most of the day. I didn't have anything planned for outside so I didn't worry about it. As I went about my morning routine I heard a rumbling noise. Was that a truck?  I little bit later I heard it again. Is that thunder? Huh?  At that moment I got a text from a friend. They had gone out golfing early to beat the weather. He worried about a lot of noise coming from the west. I checked the weather and responded "Much bob very angry" It soon stormed and rained. It stayed cloudy and drizzly all day. We never did get close to that heat warning.

The next day there was a nice little shower going on. I love walking in the rain so I went out. About a mile from my house it turned into a downpour.  I got soaked but I had fun splashing in the puddles. Yes, I am a child.

Since I live near a retention ditch/pond we get a new crop of toads/frogs every year. (I don't know what the difference is. They are little reptilian things that hop) Because of the wet weather, there were a lot of little young toads about. They were about the size of a dime. The odd things is the tiny ones can leap as far as the big ones. So there were all these tiny dime size toads leaping and bouncing about a foot all over the sidewalk. I tried not to scare them.

Comments