TWTW September 3rd through the 9th: It's Dark, It's Raining, I Have A Bag Of Tomatoes And It's Half A Mile To Buffalo Wild Wings



A friend of mine loves to garden and he always plants way too much, so this time of year I get free fresh produce. He told me he had some tomatoes for me.

I went over to his place on Saturday. Saturday the remnants of a hurricane were traveling through the area. We were under a flash flood warning and it rained most of the day. I walked through the rain and he gave me a plastic bag full of ripe delicious tomatoes.

I walked over to the bowling alley to have dinner. They have great nachos. They have a very strict no outside food policy. I couldn't imagine them giving me guff about a bag of tomatoes.

I ate the delicious nachos and walked over to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a college football game with some friends. After the game, a friend was going to give me a ride home. On the way out a realize something, "Dude, where is my bag of tomatoes?" "What tomatoes?" he asked. "My bag of tomatoes." I head back to where we are sitting looking around and can't find the bag. "I can't believe someone stole my bag of tomatoes."  "You didn't have a bag of tomatoes."  That's when I realized I must have left them at the bowling alley.

My friend drove me over to the bowling alley but they were closed. "I was gonna make salsa with those tomatoes."  I remembered something. I walked to the side door and looked in a little angle back by where the AC units were.  Yep, there was my wet bag of tomatoes.  I had hidden it there so they wouldn't yell at me for outside food.

The next day, I used the tomatoes and my homegrown habanero peppers to make salsa.


Comments